Thanks to the Corona virus, the current economy is under enormous pressure. This can be difficult for you as a starting entrepreneur. The Starterslift Bridge Loan, also known as SOL, is a loan specially designed for knowledge-intensive start-ups in Central and West Brabant that are not entitled to receive compensation from the government during this period. Startups that have received a small payment from the government and still want to invest more can also apply for the SOL. The Province of Noord-Brabant and the Municipality of Breda have made the SOL fund available. The Municipality of Tilburg is investigating whether they will make the same contribution. Are you curious about the SOL and what this scheme can mean for your startup? We tell you more about it.
What do the loans look like?
Starterslift Investments offers two different loans. If you are with more than one founder or shareholder, you can request a loan of up to € 50,000. If you are the only founder or shareholder, the maximum amount is € 35,000. Both loans have a minimum loan amount of € 5,000. You are obliged to put the full amount in your startup.
The conditions of the Bridge Loan
The following conditions are important when applying for the SOL fund.
- Your startup is located in the Central and West Brabant or you are enrolled as a student or employee at Tilburg University, Breda University of Applied Sciences or Avans Hogeschool;
- You are registered with the Chamber of Commerce (Kamer van Koophandel) with your startup or you plan to do this in the near future;
- The registration date of your startup with the Chamber of Commerce (Kamer van Koophandel) cannot be older than six years;
- You have (plans for) a promising and innovative product, service or process;
- During the entire SOL you need to be guided by a business developer.
How do I apply for the loan?
You can request the SOL by contacting a business developer. Student entrepreneurs can contact a business developer from Tilburg University, Avans Hogeschool or Breda University of Applied Sciences. If you have a start-up in Central Brabant, you can contact Midpoint Brabant. Startups from West Brabant can contact Rewin. The business developer knows what the SOL is and will work with you to explore the possibilities that the SOL has to offer. Together you will provide all necessary documents.